Monday, July 04, 2005

I'm in (part I)

Okay, here's how this came down. Everyone who knew I was going on Big Brother told me my life would be completely opened up and the show's fans would dig up every piece of info they could on the internet. Thinking I'm a clever sort of guy, I decided to leave a little blog note for fun. (I assume everyone found my websites and myspace profile right away...I think that's all that's out there.)

Anyway, on the morning I was leaving, I threw up a quickie blog (I think it was three posts at that point) and then I hopped in the Big Brother Mobile and went into “sequesteration". :)

About 2 hours after I’m in the hotel, a couple of the producers pop into my room and ask me if I had started a blog that revealed I was going on BB6. Keep in mind, these people are really nice until now. Apparently I had made a small error in judgement - here's a short version of how this went:

Producer 1: Did you put up a blog that said you were going on the show?
Me: A what?
Producer 2: A f$*&^ing blog! Did you put it on the internet that you're going on the show?!?!
Me: What's a blog?
Producer 2: A blog! A blog! God d$#! it!
Producer 1: Did you do it, Michael?
Me: No.
Producer 2: Are you f$&%^#ing lying?
Me: No.

(I think they planned good cop-bad cop. They were REALLY good at it.)

Producer 1: You're being completely honest with us?
Me: No.
Producer 2: F$%^!

It all happened really fast, but that's about how it went, and they stormed out. At this point, I’m scared I’m getting the boot, but an hour later they come back and they're all nice and buddy-buddy again. They tell me I'm keeping the blog. I'm just like "okay…thanks, I guess?"

I’m hitting my quota here – the next post will explain how this is working, at least as much as I can explain…between the bedroom situation, getting the bearing of the new pad, and trying to keep my mouth shut about this (and [edited]) to the others it’s tough to think straight at the moment.

24 Comments:

Anonymous that dingo said...

This is too much fun, thanks for the pre-show entertainment.

"Did you know the word gullible is not in the dictionary?"

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hamster what do you think? I want to believe it!

btw love your site!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it possible to get onto the internet in sequestration...and in the house...theres no computers!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know he says he'll explain more in his next post! How long should i hit refresh before I go to bed?

hey BB make people register to post here we're all anonymous

11:08 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hmm... I hope this is legit and not somebody messing with us.

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was an article in Variety recently that mentioned the Head of Household being able to blog - the new house has a lot of things the old house did not. Personally I think this is very cool! It's the first time we've ever gotten a glimpse of the process before the TV show actually starts. Very cool!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous ThunderRoad said...

as for computers in the house, dont you remember how the America's Choice was internet with fans and chatting/questions??? So even in the old stinky house there was internet connection. The new house is no doubt wired or aircarded already.

Still not convinced about the veracity of this blog tho...

6:25 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I call shenanigans!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous BlueEyes said...

I don't know how I feel about being referred to as a "blogger".

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But its KINDA hot. ;)

7:02 AM  
Blogger jhugzs said...

Interesting....

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love being a blogger :)

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this is in fact him, and they are going to let him make entries (which I assume would be in the DR, dictating to a staffer who actually enters it here) I think that's great.

There's also http://bb6blog.blogspot.com/
which has threads on each HG.

The only strange thing is, why wouldn't CBS do this on thier own site? It would be easy enough to move the entries so far to cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/blogs
or something like that.

They have little to no motivation for doing it elsewhere

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you read it all the way through and with the newest post it seems like this is something he did to say goodbye and got busted and then they let him keep going for some reason. I think if it was on CBSs site it would have to be so bland it would be boring maybe.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous matt said...

having it here puts a buzz on it? it seems like they want to have us guessing how he's doing it

8:37 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Biggest. Twist. Ever.

And what's this, the poster blog for how not to use a color palette?

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This can't be real. The July 3 post says that the producers will leave a clue on the blog and then the very next post he gets yelled at for blogging! Too bad. It seemed like it was going to be fun.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only strange thing is, why wouldn't CBS do this on thier own site?

Why not do it here? CBS wants to tap into the "youth market" - remember they just cancelled several shows that skewed older than their target age. And blogging is very hip right now. This won't take traffic away from their official site - it'll just add to it. Doing this here makes it seem daring and bold and young and hip.

Everything he's written so far seems believable. I've watched the show every season and read the press so far - and if this is a fake, the perpetrator is really really good. More power to him - he's entertaining!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous ricky said...

This can't be real. The July 3 post says that the producers will leave a clue on the blog and then the very next post he gets yelled at for blogging! Too bad. It seemed like it was going to be fun.

------------

isn't he saying in that post "this is how it came down"? the one where they yell at him. read carefully and it seems like the blog was his idea

10:43 AM  
Blogger velvetsaje said...

has anyone considered he possisibilty that he has a friend posting for him? just to mess with us, i applied for the show and had the same idea as michael. cept they didnt accept me, damn u cbs!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jesse and Isa Hodge said...

I believe this, its sounds legit.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this blog, and I believe that it's actually Michael. He shaved his beard tonight. Just like someone asked him to, to prove himself. I can't wait for the next post.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a computer in HOH room........but.....this is so doubtful that Michael just posts as he pleases. Watch the post times, watch what he's doing on cams at those times.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home