Friday, July 01, 2005

Why the early sequesteration?

First of all, allow me to introduce you to my new word, "sequesteration". It's sequester with an "ation" at the end. It means "to be sequestered." I'm assuming this becomes a pop culture phenomenon and everyone's using it when I get out of the house.

Anyway, the short answer to that question is that it's to do all the promo interviews and intro stuff for the show, and also to make sure all the waivers and such are complete. The part where you sign your life away - you know - "we can make you cut off your own ears and you can't sue us." They make sure all of my personal loose ends are taken care of; checks for bills prewritten and sent off, etc. I think it's also to get us accustomed to what we're going to go through in the house; lack of TV, music, movies or what's hard for me especially, the means to work on any of my artwork.

So the other day I asked for some sort of mental stimulation. Anything. I really want to keep my brain working. The interviews are fine, but you can only answer "what's your strategy (say something catchy!)" so many times before you need something new.

One of the producers said she'd help me out and would be back soon. About 15 minutes later she returned with a bag. Victory! I open the bag...finally...oh boy, what's in here? What's in here...??

A paddle ball game, 3 packs of gum, and a cow candle.

Read that again:

A paddle ball game, 3 packs of gum, and a cow candle.

I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but I said "I need some mental stimulation" not "go down to the hotel gift shop and buy something to keep your 6 year old busy."

What am I supposed to do with this stuff? Do they think I'm freaking Macguyver?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're supposedly a sculptor. Can't you make *something* with that stuff?

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Ociana said...

Heh...I am starting to think you will be mighty interesting. I am wondering what can be done with a cow candle...did they at least leave some matches so you can light it?

5:56 PM  
Anonymous heather's heart said...

"MacGyver"
Mid-1980's tv show that has started it's DVD release. Been fun watching all the episodes back-to-back, laughing at clothing and hair from the 1980's; and the editing gaffs.
And a total lifting of car chase scenes from the *original* "The Italian Job". That was great.
But, back to Mac, what would he do? Remember that gum wrappers (if metalic) can help blown fuses still work. Chewed gum can act as an adhesive or plug leaks. Paddles can be....uhm...nevermind.
---hehehehehehe

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home